Job Title: Internal Audit Leader
How do you manufacture the world’s cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what’s possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they’re making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference.
Purpose and Scope:
The mission of the Internal Audit department is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve operations. The Internal Audit department assists in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. This role will coordinate, plan and conduct operational audits, certain aspects of the internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR) program, special investigations and other projects deemed necessary to serve the business.
- Assist with planning and scoping the annual ICOFR program including evaluation of management’s qualitative assessment. Review and finalize scope with management and independent auditors and obtain concurrence
- Prepare presentation and training materials as required due to changes and/or new guidance
- Test and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s internal controls over financial reporting and provide timely updates to senior management on the control exceptions identified, management’s remediation plan, etc.
- Provide meaningful recommendations to management on how to improve internal controls and governance process
- Plan and execute financial, operational and/or performance audits per the annual audit plan within the established timeframe and budget (hours and dollars)
- Test and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s system of internal control and the quality of performance to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations which could have a major impact on operations and the company’s overall financial results
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls in new systems and other business processes
- Provide management with recommendations, counsel and information to contribute to improved efficiency and effectiveness in all business segments, locations, and functions of the Company’s business
- Prepare audit reports that are well written, contain pertinent issues, meaningful recommendations and resolutions that reflect a balance between the need to maintain effective controls and efficient operations
- Coordinate and lead exit meetings with relevant stakeholders as well as distribute final report to senior management, independent auditors and relevant stakeholders
- Assist the VP - Auditing with senior management risk interviews, summarizing the results of the meeting, and updating the risk register as needed to reflect emerging risks or changes to the existing risk profile
- Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place
- Identify opportunities to reduce external audit fees
- Develop healthy, deep relationships with all levels of the business
- Develop senior auditor, auditor or intern(s)
- Objectively review an organization's business processes
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization's assets
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes
- Remain current on new audit techniques and work with the VP - Auditing, Audit Manager and other staff members to implement if appropriate
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with at least 5 years of experience in finance/accounting/related field and/or audit experience.
Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with at least 4 years of experience in finance/accounting/related field and/or audit experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with at least 6 years of experience in finance/accounting/related field and/or audit experience.
Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with at least 5 years of experience in finance/accounting/related field and/or audit experience.
CPA or CIA, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute audits, projects, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication (succinct and fact based)
- Using / mastering new technology and applications
- Ability to deal with confrontation
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Familiarity with accounting policies and theory
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.