Fresh Start Careers is seeking an experienced payroll specialist for a dynamic specialty construction company headquartered in King of Prussia, PA. This person manages the company's payroll. Candidates must have demonstrated experience in entering and processing payroll for a construction firm with union payroll and dues, certified payroll, prevailing wage, and administration of company benefits. Company issues payroll of 150-300 checks weekly. This position reports to the Controller.
Payroll Specialist responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gathering information on hours worked for each employee
- Calculating the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc.
- Receiving approval from upper management for payments when needed
- Processing all documentation with relation to payroll (to include paychecks, W2s/1099s, state correspondence, etc.)
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Spectrum (Viewpoint) software a plus
- Experience with PTE systems