Researches, designs and documents mechanical/electromechanical products and systems related to commercial HVAC equipment. Provides mechanical engineering support for application, fabrication, testing, installation, and repair of electrical/electromechanical products and systems.
Click here to apply online
- Provides mechanical design of products/heat transfer systems such as chilled water systems, air/water cooled refrigerant systems, and fluid pumping systems in accordance with engineering design standards and customer specifications and code requirements such as NFPA 70, UL 1995 and UL 60335-2-40.
- Selects and integrates mechanical and electromechanical components such as heat exchangers, motors, fans, pumps, compressors, valves, refrigeration components and sensors.
- Creates engineering documentation related to the mechanical design of HVAC equipment such as design spreadsheets, SAP bill of materials, piping drawings and mechanical drawings.
- Designs and models components and assemblies in 3D CAD environment.
- Performs simple structural and heat transfer analysis.
- Designs test control equipment and develops methods for testing products or systems.
- Provides engineering support and generates technical information for sales, marketing, applications engineering, production and field service groups.
- Evaluates design requests and specifications for engineering feasibility.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate equipment or systems malfunctions