About Our Client
A Medical Insurance company located in Vaughan, is looking for a Service Delivery Manager-ITIL.
• Manage the delivery and strategic evolution of the IT Service Desk, Desk-Side support and 2nd level Application support function that meet the needs and growth Operation supported from Toronto IT.
• As part of overall support management process, the role should ensure very close collaboration with other IT teams for app platform and infrastructure
• As part of support management process, the role will ensure that the process flows from initial call to call resolution for both Incident Management and Service Request Management, are operational, refined and efficient across all the teams and including where necessary the management of external IT vendors
• Lead the vendor selection, commercial negotiations and implementation of Service Desk offering our behalf
• Lead the implementation and monitoring of appropriate SLA for 3rd part service desk and desk side support vendors
• Ensure that IT handbook has fully defined processed for Incident-Management, Problem-Management, and that these processes are refined, implemented and followed by all teams from external service desk providers.
• Ensure that IT Delivery and Support processes follow ITIL or best-practice process where applicable
• Work with senior business colleagues to ensure that service reviews are conducted regularly and that services improvements are identified and actioned, including a focus on improved communication standards to business users
• Work with senior business colleagues to ensure that the IT support function is scalable and aligned to changing business needs including geographical cover global hours of operation
• Responsible for tight control of the IT support budget
• Work with IT colleagues on capacity planning, management and provision of all IT environment
• Work with Senior IT and business colleagues on disaster recovery and business continuity plan
• Control the release management into production, including CAB process aligned with internal and external audit requirements
• Provide strong leadership, demonstrating the ability to motivate and develop individuals and move the team forward whist managing the combined efforts of the team
• Anticipates how plans and actions of the IT services will affect the customer in the short term and the long term
• Excellent knowledge of IT support process and ITIL best practice process
• ITIL Foundation Certification is an asset
• Very Strong experience in Change Management, Problem & Incident Management role
• Strong leader with skills to drive high performance in team members
• Excellent vendor management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Conveys realistic expectations to internal and external customers
• Requirement for travel to the UK and to client sites worldwide