“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring a Pharmacy Assistant for the Muskehki store in Winnipeg, MB. In your role as the Pharmacy Assistant, you will be a valued member of a collaborative healthcare team, working to improve the health status of patients living in remote communities in Northern Manitoba. Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, the pharmacy assistant is responsible for accurately and efficiently dispensing medication; maintaining the dispensary; and the packaging of medication for remote distribution.
You will provide excellence in customer service working in a Central Fill Pharmacy where patient-centered outcome-focused care is delivered according to the objectives, policies and standards set out by Muskehki.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive hourly wage and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act;
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently and safely while ensuring compliance with NIHB Claims submission procedures;
- Provide Patient Care Services while maintaining an excellent standard in customer service;
- Ensure proper storage of medications, formulate and compound extemporaneous pharmaceutical mixtures;
- Check all prescriptions for therapeutic appropriateness;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other healthcare professionals and community access workers;
- Maintain Practice activities through continuing education;
- Provide medication information to all health professionals and consult with healthcare team on various therapies, and;
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Certification as a Pharmacy Assistant
- 2-3 years of Pharmacy experience; high volume dispensary, experience working in a Central Fill environment is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated customer service experience
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent written skills and the ability to keep accurate documentation
- Proficient computer – data entry skills
Location: 910 Wall Street – Central Fill Pharmacy, Winnipeg MB
Reports to: Muskehki Pharmacy Manager
A competitive hourly wage is being offered along with opportunities to learn and develop within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.