This is a new position for a leader in a niche industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating and customizing a pre-selected system to fit the business needs of the organization (both operational and financial). The Senior Software Developer will design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Leads the development of and takes ownership for significant sections of the code base.
- Designs and codes superior technical solutions.
- Participate in full SDLC process from initial analysis and design to testing and release, voice concerns/suggestions, and provide solutions that result in better development timelines and more stable code.
- Easily recognize system deficiencies, architectural needs and implements effective solutions.
- Design and Develop high impact cognitive computing applications adhering to usability and scalability needs
- Work with business users to understand business requirements and translate them to product design and development.
- Develop user interface, configure views, create widgets to improve productivity
- Perform other related duties as required
- Undertake self-development activities
- Experience in both desktop and web-based software development leveraging newer trends.
- 3rd party controls (they use Devexpress)
- Windows Services
- Web Services (WCF) and HTTP handlers
- SQL Server and SQL Server Stored Procedures
- Version Control and Build experience (CodeCommit/Git preferred)
- Clickonce deployments preferred
- Angular 2 or later versions preferred
- Responsive web design experience preferred (bootstrap, pwa, ionic, html5, css3)
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Experience with mobile development preferred (Android, IOS)
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, requirements analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Expert understanding of programming theory, object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, etc.
- Possess clear understanding of industry standard development practices
- Detail-oriented - produces high quality work under demanding circumstances
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Word, and Power Point
Additional Skills and Responsibilities:
- Strong sense of accountability – treat projects like you own them!
- Excellent leadership skills, a strong sense of urgency, and a desire to work in a fast-paced and growing company
- Proactive personality with high standards of excellence
- Ability to handle high workload and multi-task effectively
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment, i.e. overcome delays and unexpected events
- Capability to present information in a one-on-one or small group setting to customers, clients, and employees of the organization
- Accuracy and thoroughness with strong attention to detail
- Superior time management and prioritization skills
- Sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Poise and self-confidence, with willingness to ask for help when needed
- Willingness to work occasionally after hours
- Analytical mind with strong understanding of math and geometry
- Ability to interact effectively with clients as needed.
- Comfortable with hands-on management style and frequent communication
- Honesty and integrity
- Associates degree or at least 5 years of equivalent work experience