Certified Welder - Construction
Pontchartrain Partners, LLC has immediate openings for certified construction welders in coastal Texas and Louisiana.
Perform multiple tasks involving physical labor in all weather conditions at heavy and marine construction projects. Responsible for working a wide range of activities and roles required to build and construct steel and pipe structures per specifications and company direction.
- Follow Project and Company Procedures as set forth in onboarding, company manuals and contract specifications.
- Follow EM-385 and OSHA safety procedures. Bringing possible problems or concerns to the immediate attention of the Superintendent or SSHO.
- Be able to read and understand contract drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and material data.
- Good understanding and experience of structural welding, pipe welding, and pile splicing.
- Ability to use torches, gauges, lances, welding machines, hand tools, and power tools.
- 5 or more years’ experience working as a Certified welder.
- Must have current 3g/4g and 6g welding qualifications.
- OSHA 10 or 30 a plus
- Dependable, consistent, hardworking, self-starter.
- Knowledge and experience with the proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy civil and marine construction work.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside on land or on water (barges) in all safe working weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel and work overtime (may include night and weekend work locally or out of the area).
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package for qualified applicants.
Pontchartrain Partners, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.