Fresh Start Careers is looking for a full-time Safety Manager for our Princeton, NJ based client. This individual will ensure that safety guidelines are established and followed for every project and deficiencies are reported to the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Superintendent and other stakeholders of the company as necessary. Our client is an award-winning General Contractor / Construction Manager and excels in the fields of educational, pharmaceutical and commercial construction.
- Manage accident administration processes including investigation, review reporting and accident prevention follow-up. Investigate the “near miss” accident situations and develop accident prevention solutions and policies.
- Lead incident and “near miss” investigations and produce lessons learned for distribution to the entire company.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Intentionally embrace, support, and enable parties to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in all matters pertaining to the position while building and sustaining long-lasting relationships for the benefit of all.
- Deliberately strive to work in a proactive versus reactive manner by managing self and others in ways that optimize safety, relationships, and all components of the project (i.e., schedule regular meetings with key stakeholders, provide OSHA trainings to ensure compliance prior to job starts).
- Be sought out by others as a valuable resource to assist with safety and other related matters pertaining to the position.
- Remain current with all regulatory standards and share knowledge with appropriate parties to ensure their understanding of and compliance with these to promote a safety culture.
- Enforce the implementation, coordination and administration of the company's Health and Safety Programs in accordance with local, state, federal, company, and customer rules and regulations.
- Work with internal groups to update and maintain safety and health requirements in contract master agreements.
- Conduct safety related investigations.
- Schedule and/or conduct training to support the safety needs of the company, Clients, Subcontractors, etc.
- Ensure that subcontractors have submitted project specific safety plans as required.
- Develop and manage relationships with customers and enforcement authorities in the states that we work.
- Interface/develop relationships with client safety resources.
- Manage ISNetworld (and similar programs) information updates.
- Minimum of three years’ experience serving in a dedicated safety role in the construction industry.
- Pharmaceutical project experience a plus.
- Proven success in working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to exceed expectations.
- Ability to develop win-win solutions for all parties without sacrificing or compromising positive relationships.
- Demonstrated success of accident administration, including investigation, report writing and analysis, and developing effective accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to train stakeholders on safety rules, regulations, policies, procedures, lessons learned as well as assess the transfer of learning through audits and other assessment tools.
- Strong ability to communicate (orally and writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors and company contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to the needs of the individual and analyze means and methods to resolve those needs in a professional and economical manner.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- OSHA 30 certified; knowledge of reporting requirement.
- Demonstrated computer skills to perform essential functions listed.
Central New Jersey
- Base Salary
- Short-term Disability/Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and Education