“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring Pharmacist Managers for the Northern and NorthMart stores across Canada. Bring your community-focused care and pharmaceutical skills to NWC. In your role as a Pharmacist Manager, you ensure the operational, regulatory, and professional services activities of the pharmacy are met in order to provide excellence in patient-centered, outcome-focused care.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to remote regions in Northern Canada. You will receive a competitive salary, benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus, ability to bank what you earn, and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses. We define community centered care and our teams help patients in their home community and often serve other remote communities.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Comply with Provincial Pharmacy Regulations, and ensure adherence to Provincial Practice Standards and Guidelines within pharmacy;
- Follow Provincial Drug Formulary, and advise Manager, Retail Pharmacy on Provincial Regulatory changes;
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act;
- Ensure compliance with NIHB Claims Submission;
- Ensure compliance with Store Operating Procedures as defined by HP&S division, and implement and maintain Operational Standards;
- Manage pharmacy staff, including orientation, training, employee accountabilities, and leadership;
- Provide patient-focused, positive outcome care, with strong efforts to collaborate with healthcare professionals and community agencies within district. Strong emphasis on educating the community; and
- Recognize and develop business opportunities, and understand the importance of building and nurturing relationships within the community, including Healthcare Centers, Nursing Stations, and Physician Clinics.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy;
- Licensed by relevant Provincial College of Pharmacists;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Maintain Continuing Education Requirement for Provincial licensure;
- Effective communication skills to counsel, educate, and instruct patients, staff, and other healthcare professionals;
- Previous management experience (preferably 1 year) and community-oriented;
- Experience with Pharmacy Software Programs, and experience with Kroll is considered as an asset;
- Ability to commute between pharmacy locations within northern Saskatchewan.
- Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Ability to manage a team of approximately 2-3 staff; and
- Effective leadership with excellent people skills, and a great ability to build trust and relationships.
Location: Northern Canada
Reports To: Director, Regional operations, Health Products and Services
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.