General Description: The most advanced position for non-degreed electrical designer. Persons at this level are technical experts of considerable experience and proficiency with comprehensive mastery of electrical design concepts.
- Associates Degree or graduation from an acceptable technical program
- Minimum 10 years’ experience or high school diploma and at least 10 years of job-related experience.
- Must have advanced knowledge of electrical design principles and be able to apply sophisticated methods to complex situations.
- Minimum five (5) years AutoCAD experience required, including 2 years’ experience with version 2010 or later. Experience in AutoCAD MEP package and Inventor a plus.
- Controls knowledge a plus.
- Carry out system analysis and design activities for complicated and unique electrical design projects from general specifications, drawings or instructions.
- Develop design/layout drawings for panels, MCC, cable routings, etc. for power distribution systems associated with glass furnace and batch plant systems and ancillary devices.
- Generate bills of materials and specifications for power system and distribution components.
- Evaluate existing electrical systems and components for suitability of use, current code conformance, and design improvements associated with upgrading/repair/replacement of existing systems.
- Generate engineering, material, and labor estimates for upgrades, repairs and greenfield power installations.
- Supervise the work of junior designers, designers, detailers or drafters and trains others.
- Assumes some responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs, while still under general supervision of an engineer.
- Determines how complex control systems should function, lays out initial design concept and determines drawing standards and does detailed comprehensive checking of designs/drawings.
- Uses computer aided design/engineering methods to accomplish above duties.
Reporting and Technical Assistance: Will report to Electrical Engineering Manager. Will work cooperatively with client or design authority as to results expected, but generally performs assignments independently with minimal supervision/contact.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.