BI Solution Architect
As the BI Solution Architect, the role must support the Director in providing direction and consultation to the enterprise in the discipline of Business Intelligence and data warehousing technologies. The role will translate BI business requirements into sustainable data models and processes that can be developed and supported by team members. The BI Solution Architect will be accountable for an agile, efficient and effective Microsoft BI environment that ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information assets that are within the BI data stores and ensure information delivery performance standards are met. As the leader for the BI infrastructure the role must liaison with Architecture, Information Security, Infrastructure and Database Administrators to understand the dependences and policies for data movement across the organization and cloud solutions.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Identify and provide input to new technology opportunities that will support and enhance the BI system in support of the business requirements.
- Establish upgrade road maps for the BI system.
- Provide knowledge transfer to other IS teams.
- Mentor BI team members.
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
- Identify and support the business’ data quality remediation processes.
- Develop the data dictionary framework and processes to maintain all meta data for the warehouse.
- Work with business analysts, BI team, and other IS analysts to analyze business requirements and translate them into BI and data warehouse solutions.
- Work closely with the Information Architect when designing or modifying data models.
- Design and create an enterprise data warehouse and specialized data marts as required, including importation of data from multiple systems and sources.
- Provide advice and support to allow designing and implementing an optimal BI technical architecture and security framework.
- Provide leadership and support for the implementation of a Master Data Management system.
- Design and develop multidimensional or tabular models to securely expose data using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Work in close collaboration with internal development resources to design and implement an enterprise data warehouse including ETL packages to load data from multiple data sources using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Lead the migration of ETL code across environments.
- Design and implement a testing framework that ensures all BI artifacts go through a standard quality assurance process.
- Design, develop and publish reports, KPIs and dashboards as required using SSRS and Power BI.
Your strengths include:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (Computing/Business).
- Advanced training in Microsoft BI software and data warehousing.
- 10+ years' experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Microsoft BI software (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDS) and ETL processes.
- Information Delivery platforms such as Power BI, QLIK, Tableau.
- Master Data Management practices and software.
- Data Modeling.
- Leading or mentoring BI teams and projects.
You can expect:
- An excellent overall compensation plan
- A highly engaged team in a respected and professional environment
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Juan Valdes.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!