- Serious Challenge in a Demanding Manufacturing Environment
- Build Maintenance Capability
- $100,000 p.a. USD As An Indication - Will Go Higher For A Strong Performer
Maintenance Engineer show what you can do in a complex manufacturing plant which, in terms of maintenance effectiveness and reliability, is at a low base. If you seek a tough role and challenge in this sort of environment then we want to speak with you.
This is an international manufacturer and marketer of Thermal Paper Products with plants in Australia and Asia and sales offices around the globe. They position themselves in the global market as a producer of specialty products and the demand for their products is driving growth. To underpin profitable growth they are investing in manufacturing and driving significant improvement. This is where you come in.
This is a permanent position based in Manila. You will report to the Australian based Group Engineering Manager and work hand-in-glove with the Manila Plant Manager. Your challenge - build reliability.
- Recruit and build the maintenance team
- Transition from breakdown to reliability based maintenance (Yes this will take time)
- Establish maintenance planning
- Move from basic paper and spreadsheets to utilising the CMMS (Yes they have one ! Not now in use)
- Establish a performance dash board
- Develop a CAPEX budget to underpin improvement.
You are a robust Maintenance Engineer or Reliability Engineer who is happy to be hands-on while building the capability of your team so that you become hands off (other than for training and mentoring your people). You can point to evidence of improving operational performance by improving maintenance processes, upgrading and improving equipment and by leading the way, listening to and empowering your people.
Your referees can attest to your superior communication, leadership and training/mentoring skills. You have worked in companies that consider manufacturing to be a core competence. Previous experience in the printing, packaging or paper industry will be well regarded. A relevant engineering degree is being sought and ideally some qualifications in Lean and/or TPM or Six Sigma.
This is an opportunity to show what you can do in a very demanding environment. Success in this role positions you for more senior roles in the industry. For more information please call Garry King on +61 2 8912-9888 or apply on-line quoting Ref. No. 23873.Click here to apply online