The North West Company (NWC) is hiring a Convenience Store Manager. The Store Managers will effectively manage and operate all Food Service operations, maximizing profit and provide an equitable return on investments. Experience working with Tim Horton’s, Pizza Hut, KFC, and Burger King will be considered as an asset.
You must be able to relocate to remote and rural communities in difficult to reach markets in the northernmost region of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nunavut and Northwest Territories.
We offer benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities, the ability to bank what you earn and more! We even encourage you to partner up with a friend or family member and come work together.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise is ordered and properly presented to maximize sales and profits;
- Control labour and overhead costs;
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns, and return on investment;
- Drive sales through promotional offerings;
- Ensure store policies and procedures are communicated to department employees;
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies, ensure food service quality control, and maintain records of stock, repairs, sales, and wastage;
- Supervise and check assembly of trays and delivery of food;
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and train staff on job duties, sanitation, and safety procedures;
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of preparation and food portioning;
- Provide a pleasant dining experience, build customer report, and effectively resolve customer concerns; and
- Ensure department cleanliness and maintenance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ related experience in a food service environment in a management role;
- Proven experience in all aspects of customer service and people management;
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality principles, methods, practices, and techniques;
- Excellent ability to multi-task and memorize orders;
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling duties;
- Fantastic leadership skills and driven to deliver a great dining experience for our customers;
- Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Demonstrated knowledge of product, service, quality, equipment, and operations standards;
- Effective issues management skills and outstanding ability to converse with employees and customers. You’re a “people-person”;
- Ability to work independently and with a team; and
- Able to remain calm and effective under pressure.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.