Title: Product Development Engineer - Orthopedic Implants (Trauma and Extremity Products)
Florida – Company paid relocation provided, to include packing and moving of household goods, temporary housing, and a relocation bonus.
Are you a talented and innovative engineer with a passion for developing orthopedic implants to advance the standard of care? Are you experienced in trauma and extremity plating/screw product design and looking for an exciting opportunity to see your career grow? If so, we have an excellent career opportunity for you!
Our client is a global leading medical device company specializing in orthopedic implants, and we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Product Development Engineer to join their growing team. This is a newly created role to help support the future growth of the business unit. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in designing and developing state-of-the-art trauma and extremity products that improve the quality of life for patients.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including surgeons, marketing, and manufacturing, to define product specifications, design requirements, and project objectives for trauma and extremity products.
• Utilize your expertise in orthopedic implant design and engineering principles to develop innovative concepts and solutions.
• Generate detailed 3D models, engineering drawings, and prototypes for new product development.
• Conduct design reviews and perform risk assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
• Drive product testing and validation activities, analyzing test results and making design adjustments as necessary.
• Work closely with manufacturing and quality teams to ensure a seamless transition from product development to production.
• Monitor industry trends, new technologies, and competitor activities to identify opportunities for product enhancement and innovation.
• Collaborate with surgeons and key opinion leaders to gather feedback and insights, incorporating them into the product development process.
• Prepare and maintain accurate documentation, including design history files and technical reports.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field (advanced degree is preferred).
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in product development within the medical device industry, with a focus on orthopedic hardware, implants, trauma, and extremity products.
• Strong knowledge of orthopedic implant design principles, biomaterials, and manufacturing processes.
• Proficiency in CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks) and experience with 3D modeling and engineering drawings.
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements and standards for medical device development.
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality results.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to overcome design challenges.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
• Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality in all aspects of work.
To apply, please submit your resume, using the link below or by sending it to email@example.com. We appreciate your interest and look forward to speaking directly with all applicants who meet the minimum requirements.