In your role as the Warehouse Team Member, at The North West Company International (NWCI), you check all goods received according to established company procedures at our Pacific North West (PNW) warehouse. You also move freight to designated warehouse areas and pick and prepare General Merchandise for final delivery.
Joining NWCI gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWCI is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Check all received freight for damage and count according to company procedures. Report damages, shortages, overages, and other discrepancies to your immediate supervisor;
- Load pallets, properly secure freight on pallets, move freight to the appropriate designated areas of the warehouse, operating forklift as required;
- Separate, label, and pick general merchandise orders;
- Prepare orders for shipment in accordance with postal and/or airline regulations; and,
- Maintain all areas in and around the warehouse in a neat, clean, and safe working condition.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to learn warehouse operations, including receiving, transferring, and retrieving products;
- Must be thorough and detail oriented;
- Must be able to follow safety procedures, including safety rules of forklift operation;
- One year of warehouse experience is preferred. We’re committed to provide you with equipment and safety training;
- Ability to comprehend and communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing to co-workers, Area Lead, and Operations Manager; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Area Lead and Warehouse Manager.
Location: PNW Warehouse, 2000 Taylor Way, Tacoma, WA
Shift: Full Time, 7:00AM – 4:00PM Monday to Friday
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.