Hospital Financial Analyst - Government Reimbursement
Assist in organizing, coordinating, and performing the reimbursement functions for a Healthcare system and its entities. In addition, assist department directors in the preparation of entity Medicare/Medicaid/ Tricare cost reports, surveys, audits, and appeals. Special projects may be assigned, as necessary.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or in lieu of degree, equivalent of (3) years of experience in healthcare, government reimbursement, or related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three years of government healthcare reimbursement, accounting or experience in analyzing and providing data analytics and managing multiple projects.
- Assist in the data preparation and documentation for the filings of the Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare Cost Reports by applicable federal and state deadlines.
- Maintains all schedules and analysis supporting cost report preparation.
- Assist in the coordination of Medicare and Medicaid audits and assists in the preparation of the supporting work-papers and documentation.
- Analyzes Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) correspondence and interim rate setting to ensure accurate reimbursement and compliance with regulations.
- Works with senior management to research, analyze, and communicate reimbursement issues.
- Provides documentation for use in calculating monthly reserve requirements for Piedmont Healthcare and system entities.
- Assists with the preparation of Piedmont Healthcare and system entities with Medicare, Medicaid, and state surveys.
- Ensures all third-party pass thru payments and lump sum adjustments are received as communicated by the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC)
- Assists with the review of the annual Medicare bad debt logs.
- Assists with the review of the annual Medicare Disproportiona logs.
- Assists with the preparation of the Wage Index and Occupational Mix Survey filings and reviews
- Work on special projects, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Click here to apply online
- Skill and ability for effective verbal and written communications.
- Skill and ability to handle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft applications
- Must be able to work as a member of a team.