In your role as a Project Coordinator, at The North West Company (NWC), you will coordinate facility related projects under the guidance of the Project Manager - Store Planning, Engineering & Construction. Your responsibilities will range from developing specifications from Autocad (CAD) drawings and coordinating fixtures, to equipment maintenance and environmental services.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Assist Project Managers by coordinating facility related plans, travel and scheduling of NWC construction crew and contractors;
- Develop requirement drawings, coordinate fixtures and equipment installations;
- Work closely with developers, contractors, and vendors on construction issues, contracts, and ensure all stakeholders adhere to strict guidelines;
- Tender project construction and equipment installations;
- Perform project site inspections; reports on and mitigate issues as they arise;
- Enforce construction standards and cost controls;
- Assist in developing scope of work, specifications and budget summaries;
- Maintain project documentation, complying with NWC standards & specifications; and regularly update square footage, quarterly projections, and project status spreadsheets; and
- Work with regulators to ensure all relevant permits are in place.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Up to 2 years’ experience with small to medium-size construction projects or related education
- Experience with AutoCAD programs;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation or equivalent post-secondary designation is an asset;
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines & budgets;
- Highly motivated with proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Must be available to travel within Canada.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports to: Project Manager
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.