We are a Hudson Oaks, Texas-based Internet Service Provider (ISP) delivering High Speed Internet and Voice Services throughout multiple states to residential, business, K-12 Education and government customers. We believe there is much more to an internet company than just delivering cost-effective internet solutions; we believe in delivering an overall customer experience that our competitors simply cannot match.
Responsible for the installation of all aspects of wireless tower site electronics and hardware, cabling, and electrical where applicable
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successfully complete and maintain the tower safety and rescue training program.
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment; performs tower maintenance.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- Inspect completed work to ensure all hardware is tight, antennas are level, hangers are properly fastened, proper support is in place, or adequate weather proofing has been installed.
- Complete JSA (Job Safety Analysis) before each tower climb, to be performed by everyone on site.
- Document JSA once job has been completed.
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
- Inspect completed work to ensure proper functioning.
- Run appropriate power, ground, fiber, Cat5e and/or coaxial cables
- Check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts and adjust as necessary.
- Inspect telecommunications equipment to identify problems.
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- The ability to climb tall structures up to 500 feet with a load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Take site photos or photos of work performed.
- Transport equipment to work sites, using utility trucks and equipment trailers.
- Lift equipment into position safely, using rigging tools or equipment such as capstan hoist.
- Complete reports related to outages, project status, progress, or other work details, using phone and computer software.
- Employee weight and tools combined may not exceed 300-pound weight limit as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Climb towers to access components, using safety equipment and techniques learned from the tower safety and rescue training program.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and follow the guidelines set forth in the Nextlink Vehicle Fleet Safety Policy.
- Take images needed to address work issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Comfortable and recent experience working in the outdoor
- Work with basic hand tools
- Must have a team-oriented mentality and be safety conscious
- Must pass a drug screening test and a criminal background check
- Must pass in-house training program
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe/acceptable driving record in compliance with company policy
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment
- Field Operations – Tower
- Working in outdoor elements such as cold, hot, precipitation and wind
- In proximity of heavy machinery and moving vehicles
- High noise level
- Use of PPE
- Climbing and work in an elevated position that is +/- 500 feet with climbing equipment
- Stationary position for 8-10 hours a day
- Frequently moving, transporting, positioning objects of 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to pull own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, sit, and climb ladders and communication towers and work in an elevated position that is +/- 500 feet
- Frequently required to use hand and power tools
- Irregular hours
- Monday through Friday
- Full Time
- Min 40 hours, flexible schedule
- Overtime as needed
- On call rotation required
- 40-60% travel required
- Overnight required as needed
Affirmative Action (AAP/EEO Statement):
Nextlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Drug Free Workplace:
Nextlink intends to provide a safe work environment that will help protect the safety, health and well-being of all employees. Therefore, we are committed to an alcohol and drug-free workplace.