The Employee Benefits Director is responsible for meeting the overall sales objectives, growth, and profitability targets for the Employment Benefits Division. The Director will be a strong strategist, producer, motivator, door opener, mentor, and pace setter.
- Build and foster a client-centric sales environment that is focused on new business, relationship development and supportive of retention efforts, maximizing the strengths of each Producer, Account Manager and CSR.
- Accountable for overall Employee Benefits new business sales and performance.
- Prospect for and develop new Employee Benefits clients.
- Develop, execute, and measure results of marketing and sales campaigns
- Develop and implement a sales and client experience platform targeting employers ranging in size from 10 – 250 employees
- Lead or participate in high-level relationship management of Association clients, business associates, carriers, TPAs, vendors, etc.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and attend training on the requirements of Health Care Reform and Employee Benefits compliance matters.
- Coach, develop and enable Employee Benefits team to achieve personal income and revenue commitments.
- Participate-in and facilitate reporting to Senior Leadership and Executives
- Thoughtfully and proactively represent the client in meetings, events, webinars, trade shows and networking events.
- Attain or exceed department sales and retention goals
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven, progressive and sustained sales track record in driving new business results; ideally within an agency, brokerage, or consulting firm.
- Hands-on leader who enjoys mentoring and leading a team.
- Direct management of Employee Benefits team; also, desire to work alongside Producers in the field helping to originate new business through his/her personal networks and close accounts in a team-based sales environment
- Ability to attract and retain high performing Producers and Account Managers.
- Ability to institute effective employee development procedures which address training, processes and procedures, E&O avoidance, continuing education, recruiting, hiring and disciplinary actions.
- A consultative, positive, and resourceful approach to dealing with prospects, clients, and internal team members.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written, verbal & interpersonal communication skills.
- Public speaking and presentation experience.
- Strong degree of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/motivate.
- College degree, and Life and Health Insurance.
The Opportunity & Compensation:
- Six-Figure competitive compensation, overrides and bonuses
- Company sponsored Group Health, Dental, Vision, STD & Term Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Generous Time Off Policy
- Discounted Fitness Center membership
- Company sponsored Retirement Plan with match