We are seeking a dedicated patient care coordinator to assist us with patients enrolled at our facility. You will be responsible for consulting with patients and determining their needs, developing care plans, coordinating patient-care services, educating them about their condition, and working with the care team to evaluate interventions.
Patient Care Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Consult with patients and family members to discuss their health problems.
- Educate patients about their condition and medication, and give them specific instructions.
- Verify patient insurance and explain appropriate patient benefits
- Develop a care plan to address their personal health care needs.
- Consult and collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to set up patient appointments and treatment plans.
- Check in on the patient regularly and evaluate and document their progress.
- Assist the care team with developing and accessing health interventions.
- Attend ongoing training and courses to keep abreast of new developments in health care.
- Assist with securing funding for medical care as required.
- Treat patients with empathy and respect and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Comply with organizational guidelines and health care laws and regulations.
Patient Care Coordinator Requirements:
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in care coordination or clinic practices
- BLS Certification may be required (will be provided)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical thinking and the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent customer service.
- Compassion and empathy towards patients and/or their families.