Network Administrators work with external customers to evaluate, plan, install, configure and coordinate implementations of voice and data network communications products and services (WAN, voice and data LAN, WLAN, Firewalls, VPNs, Load Balancers, VOIP, PBX, Hand-Set, Transport, Paging, VOIP, Unified Messaging, Unified Communications, etc.) using leading network hardware and software platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Ciena, Avaya, Microsoft, etc.). A key required skill is the ability to deal diplomatically with both internal and external stakeholders in a customer-oriented environment. Knowledge of various IT service management frameworks is beneficial (ITIL, ITSM, ISO 20000). This position requires "24x7" availability for escalated incidents and planned network maintenance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with customers to define detailed design specifications for voice and data network-based solutions, including specifications for trials and tests intended to help identify optimal solutions.
- Prepare detailed customer-facing network design documents that articulate technical, budgetary and temporal specifications for proposed solutions to an identified customer problem.
- Present potential solutions to internal and external audiences to validate solution scope, address risk and impact concerns, identify potential barriers to success, and set proper customer expectations.
- Collaborate with project management resources to help plan for deployment or upgrade activities by providing technical input into project work plans, including the definition of key activities and tasks, allocation of resource time and execution of activities in a timely manner.
- Implement new technology as specified in approved design documents in a manner that maintains a high degree of professionalism and customer communication along the way.
- Engage in efforts to document, investigate and resolve customer-impacting incidents while ensuring a high degree of customer communication and professionalism.
- Track and investigate on-going or recurring problems in an area of expertise by using standard and custom problem management tools and processes, and develop plans and recommendations for improvements.
- Actively collaborate via in-person and online methods with both internal and external stakeholders to manage body of knowledge, proprietary process and management systems.
- Assist in proactively maintaining plans for disaster recovery and security as needed.
- Proactively pursue appropriate training to keep technical skills current.
- Maintain appropriate records to support the charge back of labor and materials to various customers, projects or cost-centers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3+ years working as a Network Engineer or Administrator in an enterprise setting with exposure to both voice and data technologies
- Working knowledge of ITIL best practices and quality-based customer service methodologies
- At least one active certification in the network administration discipline is required (e.g.-- Cisco CCNA, or similar) within 18 months of hire and certification must be maintained
- Cross-technical experience with both voice and data technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences through the use of email, formal, customer-facing design documents, oral presentations, PowerPoint, and spreadsheet-based statistical analyses
- Superb diplomatic skills with a proven ability to balance customer satisfaction with financial realities
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with Healthcare preferred
Position requires on-call availability, which requires after hours support and week-end work in times of escalation needs. Work occasionally requires trips to customer sites; must have own transportation to outlying support areas.
Position requires physical aspects typically found within a Data Center, switch/router placement, pulling cable, etc.
No THIRD PARTY candidates please.