In your role as a Human Resources Specialist, at The North West Company (NWC), you will provide generalist professional HR advice to management and employees in their designated business units on the following HR topics; (but not limited to) talent acquisition, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, HR reporting, pay and benefits.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Provides consultative services to management and employees to identify causal impacts to employee relations and engagement issues within designated business unit.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Develops management capabilities to create and sustain a positive employee relations environment for their employees.
- Manages the acceptance and resolution of manager and employee inquiries concerning all HR programs and services through a HR Service Center using a formal case management methodology. Tracks inquiries received and provide best advice to business and HR partners on the resolution of systemic issues.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Assists in the development of contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Identifies training needs for designated business unit, providing insights to Learning an Talent Development for program development. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success, following up to ensure training objectives are met.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Personnel & Industrial Relations; Or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and a minimum of 2 years HR/related work experience, Or High School diploma and a minimum of 4+ years HR/related work experience;
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Basic understanding of a variety of the HR concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Understanding of state and federal laws associate with employee relations, including, but not limited to, FMLA, ADA, wage and hour laws, and NLRB and EEOC case rulings;
- Proficient in database management, MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel as needed;
- Schedule flexibility/availability appropriate to business needs.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Reports to: Director of Employee Relations, International