POSITION: Vice President of North American Sales. This is a management position. You will only have a team quota
LOCATION: Position is located San Diego, California. Prefer candidates that already live within commuting distance or are flexible to relocate. Working remotely is an option.
COMPENSATION: This is a key hire. Compensation range in the first year will most likely be $300-400k OTE plus full benefits including health, life, dental, 401k (matching), etc. It will be a 50/50 plan with no cap on commissions and meaningful equity. The CEO wants someone who is incentivized and committed to the team’s success. Client would like to know what you want to make and what is important to you. Client wants to hire someone who is motivated and confident in their ability to be successful in this role.
MANAGEMENT STYLE: Position reports to the VP of Global Sales. He describes himself as being very hands-off and does not want to be a micromanager. He is looking for someone that is a self-starter and results focused. He wants someone with a high sense of urgency and a positive “can-do attitude.” Must be great at communication and keeping him informed on a timely basis. He does not want surprises. He needs someone that he can trust to get the job done.
CULTURE: This is an international company with offices around the world. It is very multi-cultural and very entrepreneurial. They are VERY customer centric. They are very responsive to their customers. They sincerely want to make them happy. Once they get a customer, the account just keeps growing bigger and bigger. They rarely ever lose a customer, so focus is on getting new customers and keeping them very happy. It is important to have a VP of Sales that enjoys meeting with customers rather than sitting behind a desk. The management team is very experienced and mature. This is a very open environment. Anyone can talk with anyone at any time to share new ideas. It is not hierarchical. Check your ego at the door.
• Must have previously managed a team of at least 20 people. Need an amazing motivational coach and charismatic leader. Need someone who can ensure that the team has the best possible talent (A players) at each level. Structure comp & incentive plans. Coach and keep top talent and remove non-performers efficiently. Need someone that can be very hands-on, roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to achieve goals while building and managing the team. Must lead by example. Need someone that is very self-motivated, mature and humble. Must have strong and significant SFDC and sales process experience. Must be able to design, meet and manage a plan.
• Must be very strong on strategy and execution. This is an execution play. It is not a proof of concept. The product is terrific and the company is already making money! You just need hire the right people, establish sales processes, tracking and visibility, execute and scale the business.
• Must have recent and significant experience as a VP Sales with responsibility for a team quota at a SaaS/ Cloud, company with significant MRR growth generated through direct and channel sales.
• Must have significant experience developing and executing a successful channel sales strategy targeting Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Candidates must be very knowledgeable and well versed in how to create the right incentive structure for the partner program. Success will be measured based on what percentage of sales we represent for each channel partner, NOT how many channel partners you can sign up. Candidates must be able to create and execute a strategy to optimize every channel relationship and make sure the channel partners are happy. Candidates must have experience with sales training and enablement. Need someone who can create a compelling partner presentation. The program should cover how we onboard, enable and incentivize a channel partner.
• Must understand how to grow and achieve revenue targets with a focus on achieving profitability. Must have a record of quota achievement while still tightly managing P&L.
• Must be someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company, but has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues. Ideal candidates will have gone through the high growth and scalability issues of a startup or high growth stage company. Experience working in a dynamic environment is mandatory as well as experience growing a company from nominal revenues to phenomenal revenues at least once in your career.