My client is actively seeking a well-qualified Construction Manager with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills, having 8-10+ years of experience in the development and construction industry. Responsible for construction activities on large and complex retail development projects. Ensures construction meets standards and timeframes within cost estimates. Responsible for project plans, contract negotiations, and day-today onsite project progress. Must have knowledge of codes, estimating, contract negotiations, scheduling and planning typically gained through prior experience. General construction degree or equivalent degree or experience a plus. The Construction Manager will be part of a team of ten when fully staffed but will be the only construction professional on the team. At some point will pick up additional responsibilities in tenant coordination. Candidate must be willing to travel. There are 14 properties in Northern California and Washington state. Summary of the job description as follows:
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage design professionals, including consultants, engineers, and
- Value engineer permit and construction plans and documents.
- Estimate and maintain development budgets and
- Coordinate all development permits required for construction from utility providers, local, state and federal
- Act as the owner's representative during the construction phase, overseeing critical delivery dates and
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently.
- Work with retailer’s construction departments to coordinate design, delivery, and occupancy.
- Special projects as
- The position will be based in an East Bay office.