Alliance Manager – North America
LOCATION: Anywhere in the US (Remote)
REPORTS TO: VP of Sales
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Remote
The mission of the Alliance Development Manager is to help achieve the commercial objectives of the company by finding, engaging, and contracting with a network of alliance partners, including but not limited to, CCaaS solution providers / marketplaces, channel resellers, referral partners, carriers, and technology partners. The role is responsible for driving Alliance Partner acquisition and helping to drive future revenue and sales through acquisition of new commercial alliance / channel partnerships.
The role is accountable for delivering active and profitable alliance and channel partnerships through new alliance partner relationships with clear handover plans to the Channel Sales Managers that outline how they will generate profitable revenues in the future. The Alliance Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Engaging with new targeted alliance and channel partners working to establish trusted relationships
- Building and maintaining a constant/future pipeline of new alliance / channel partners
- Reigniting dormant relationships with existing alliance partners
- Aggressively driving towards new alliance partner relationships to maximize sales and develop partnership potential through alliance best practices, promotions, and support.
- Managing alliance / partnership agreements and providing status updates to partners during negotiation
- Communicating with potential partners on new products and service offerings
- Working with Company's Marketing team to drive programs and events that extend the alliance partnership program.
- Providing regular reporting on new alliance partnership opportunity status to the EVP of North American Sales.
In achieving this, the Alliance Development Manager will be expected to:
- Demonstrate industry knowledge
- Provide regular reporting of new target alliance partner pipeline and forecast using tools provided by the company
- Keep abreast of alliance partner competitive positioning, competitive pricing, go-to-market strategies, and products.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Track record of successfully building and maintaining high, wide, and deep relationships within partners and the ability to gain trust quickly
- Ability to build a focused, prioritized pipeline of prospective partners
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- A self-starter needing low level management time and attention to perform day to day responsibilities
- This role is largely one of influence, inside both the vendor organization and the partner organization. As a result, the ability to make a compelling business case around a sound business strategy takes on even greater performance
- Degree level education or similar
- Experience in Alliance Partner development and management including prospecting, creating a target partner pipeline, and moving engagements through the cycle to a successful result.
- Experience in SaaS solution software sales
- Knowledge of the payments industry and the PCI Data Security Standards.
- Experience selling into the Contact Center market.
- Experience of working with tier one CCaaS solution providers and Telco Carriers is preferable.