Do you have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience—or a combination of education and experience—in the marketing field? The North West Company (NWC) is hiring an Assistant Category Manager. As the Assistant Category Manager, you participate in the development and execution of marketing plans and initiatives based on consumer, demographic, and sales market data along with feedback from the field.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Participate in the management of assortment, pricing, markdowns, communications, ad planning, and the interpretation of customer research;
- Work in cooperation with internal and external customers to ensure a high level of continued commitment is achieved with an emphasis on the relationship between stores and vendors;
- Assist in bookings, inventory flow, warehouse stock management and allocation;
- Input data into Excel spreadsheets for departmental processes;
- Contribute to the execution of category marketing and management strategies;
- Provide support to attain financial performance goals, related to sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity; and
- Assist in executing new work processes and provide direction for planogram refreshes and assortment in stores and on line.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 -3 years’ experience in the Marketing field;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline;
- Experience in Digital or Graphic design is considered an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to provide superior customer service;
- Must be detail conscious and demonstrate a high level of accuracy;
- Strong analytical abilities combined with creativity in problem solving;
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills, coupled with demonstrated follow-up capabilities;
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative and ownership of responsibilities;
- Able to manage confidential and time sensitive information;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and assignments under strict timelines, within a fast-paced environment; and
- Working knowledge of how marketing, supply and logistics, and store operations optimally work together to form a value chain in a retail environment.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Category Manager
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. Opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization are present. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.