“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring a Pharmacy Assistant for the Valu Lots store in Prince Albert, SK. Bring your community-focused care and pharmaceutical skills to NWC. In your role as the Pharmacy Assistant II, you will assist the Pharmacist in the technical aspects of prescription filling and administrative duties in order to increase the Pharmacist’s opportunity to provide patient care. You’re expected to deliver superior customer service and to participate in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations as required as a team member.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive hourly wage and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to Prince Albert, SK. You will receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, ability to bank what you earn, and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Receive prescriptions from patients, follow provincial legal/regulatory conditions, and maintain
- patient confidentiality;
- Perform computer functions as directed by the Pharmacist, including data entry, price check, patient information entry/update, refills, and report generation;
- Fill prescriptions (always under the Pharmacist’s or Regulated Pharmacy Technician’s supervision);
- Select appropriate products, and count, measure, and prepare the products;
- Label and organize prescriptions for Pharmacist, and gain necessary approvals for verbal refills where authorized;
- Facilitate all aspects of Cognitive Services;
- Maintain inventory control;
- Assist Pharmacist in maintaining appropriate stock levels of drugs and supplies, and check for, and pull, expired medications at least monthly; and,
- Maintain supplies and clerical organization.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Certification from a College/On-line Pharmacy Technician school (accreditation not necessary);
- Two or more years of experience as a Pharmacy Assistant;
- Experience with report generation; and able to prepare receipts, invoices, letters and memos, and general filling;
- Experience filling medication orders, including measuring, mixing, and packaging, labeling, and delivering;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Experience with Pharmacy software program and must have experience with Kroll;
- Experience in retail or administration is an asset;
- Great customer service skills;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written, and;
- Policy and procedure driven, with respect and understanding of community differences.
Location: Prince Albert, SK
Reports To: Pharmacy Market Manager, Saskatchewan
A competitive hourly wage is being offered along with opportunities to learn and develop within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.