Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides oversight of social work activities including psychosocial evaluations of patient’s physical, social and emotional functioning as well as financial and family support.
- Provides direct clinical development and training.
- Develops strategies that result in a positive facility image.
- Ensures that additional services, i.e., research, in-service training, new programs and services are planned, implemented and documented according to professional clinical standards.
- Oversees and evaluates workflow efficiencies of the social work department.
- Participates on an assigned basis in educational training for employees and providers related to the psychosocial aspects of physical and emotional illness and disability.
- Communicates with and refers to management team all cases involving appeals, grievances, quality improvement and risk management issues and collaborates with manager to solve complex requests.
- Serves as a principal resource to Social Workers within the organization on difficult to manage cases.
- Develops a treatment plan or plan of care which includes arrangements for referral to services as appropriate.
- Provides direct supervision, guidance and professional development to staff including hiring, job training, communication and disciplinary counseling.
- Manages the social work staff by assigning, communicating and delegating department responsibilities such as reports and audits.
- Manages departmental budget and cost containment.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field required.
- CPR certification, Basic Life Support, CPI required prior to patient interaction.
- Five years of Social Work program management required.
For more information, call Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.