Direct Hire Opportunity
No Visa Sponsorship Offered
The position is currently located at Our Client headquarters on Staten Island but will be re-locating to New Jersey in 2020.
Our Client Stores is looking for an (SAP Retail) ERP Master Data Manager which will be a highly visible role to participate in the design, realization, and cutover to a new SAP Retail solution. During the project, the ERP Master Data Manager will perform the role of Our Client Lead in partnership with the solution implementer to successfully deliver a quality solution implementation and develop the post-implementation Master Data Management organization and activities.
The ERP Master Data Manager will be responsible as the Project Co-Lead to manage work stream planning, completing project deliverables, provide Our Client data process expertise, documents business requirements, lead data cleansing, execute solution testing, participate in data cutover, validation, and hyper-care support. The scope of the Master Data Manager will consist of objects identified during the Project, including but not limited to, Product Data, Customer Data, Consumer Data, and Vendor data. The ERP Master Data Manager will be part of the Our Client Data Governance Group which is defined as the overarching steering group that exercises authority and control for all data related activities and assets, per The Data Management Association(DAMA) definition. The ERP Master Data Manager will need to have a strong system acumen to ensure that the Master Data Management organization is accurately creating and maintaining all data; in addition to, assisting all data stewards both at headquarters and store level with proper utilization of the system.
We are a company of passionate people that think big, think differently, avoid complacency, and do the right thing for our members and require the right person that shares these values.
SAP ERP Project
- Our Client work-stream Lead responsible for achieving objectives and deliverables for their area
- Works with Project Management to ensure functional area plans align to overall project plan
- Ensures team deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to project standards and quality
- Provides process knowledge as input to business process designs
- Attends workshops as needed and participates actively
- Actively participates in master data scoping activities
- Documents business requirements
- Works jointly to create business process documentation with Data Governance Group
- Responsible for Data Cleansing activities with Data Owners and Data Stewards during the Realization (removing duplicates and correcting inaccurate data)
- Assists in creation of Testing Script Creation and Execution for all cycles including UAT and defect resolution
- Understands all data system integrations from SAP to Point of Sale and Scale Management
- Understands technical concepts behind system processes that support inbound and outbound EDI communications with warehouse and suppliers
- Collaborate with impacted parts of the business (Finance, Advertising, Marketing, Merchandising, and Analytics) throughout the project in support of change management and adoption.
- Create communications, status reports, issues, risks as needed to full transparency
- Assist in development and execution of user training
- Assist in the development of data conversation and system implementation plans and the execution of those plans.
ERP Master Data Manager
- Directs all day-to-day activities of the Master Data Management Team including creation and maintenance of Product, Vendor, Customer, Consumer data, or other data objects as designed.
- Understand and applies established data governance principles and policies
- Conducts discovery meetings with stakeholders to understand business requirements for enhancements or projects for new business needs. May include identification of new attributes for data objects.
- Assists IT Application owners with evaluating request for new or changes to existing attributes configuration.
- Directs the evaluation of opportunities for providing improved efficiency, ease of use, and/or new capabilities desired by end users through workshops, process mapping, requests, or functional service desk ticket analysis.
- Manages the development of systems training strategy, training material development, and training delivery for all Co-Operative data stewards.
- Provides Level 2 functional service support of all assigned Service desk tickets as defined within Help Desk and Escalation procedures for Master Data Management.
- Responsible for taking necessary corrective action for any data integration between co-op systems and retail store applications in conjunction with IT Service Management team.
- Responsible for performance reviews of all direct and indirect reports within Master Data Management organization with documented results and recommendations for training as needed for continual service improvement.
- Responsible for required functional/integration testing acceptance and User Acceptance Testing for all system changes are performed as part of software development life cycle prior to promotion of changes to production environment.
- Establishes and manages all Master Data Management Department budget, expenses, and approvals to ensure accurate transparency on actual and expected costs.
- Assists with activities related to any upgrades of ERP system
- Monitors and escalates any non-compliance of data supplied by external parties (GDSN, Portal)
Data Governance Group
- Assists in the development of Data Governance Group responsibilities including policies, standards, operating procedures, principles, training, data dictionaries, metrics, overall roadmap, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in technology or business related field
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Have 3-4 years managing Master Data Management Team
- Have 2-3 years managing Master Data within SAP ERP solution, SAP Retail a plus
- 1 or more examples of full implementation of ERP solution that includes project management
- Experience in managing a lean team of Data Analysts
- Are familiar with product lifecycle management, merchandising, and data governance
- Have a strong understanding of retail grocery and/or consumer product data including GS1 standards, GDSN knowledge a plus.
- Possess exceptional planning and organizational skills, and have a strong sense for detail, accuracy and problem solving
- Demonstrated Excellence in Customer Care or Customer Service including issue resolution and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated Excellence to gather business requirements and document for application development clearly and concisely
- Expert understanding of the integration of Merchandising, Advertising, Finance, and Master Data in a ERP landscape
- Knowledge of all phase of SDLC and full lifecycle implementations
- Demonstrated experience with creating detailed testing scenarios and scripting to be performed to ensure quality implementations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with co-op and store members and colleagues at all levels of organization, multi-lingual a plus
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose incident root cause and take corrective action to resolve in addition to preventative measures in the future.
- Supervise, train, or evaluate team members as need to ensure a high level of performance and productivity within the team.
- Experienced in analyzing large volume of data
- Certification in DMBOK will be a plus