This position is responsible for extending quality service to our local distributors in North America with mainly receiving and processing POs (purchase orders) by emails and online order management system, corresponding with Japanese parent manufacturer, receiving several phone calls and assessing needs and resolving sales-related issues to assist our Sales department.
Primary Job Functions:
Communicates with Distributors
- Receiving and processing orders from distributors' Inside Sales Department or Sales Personnel by resolving their issues, questions and/or complaints as necessary.
- Directing prospective customers to local distributors or to outside sales representatives.
- Providing order status updates.
- Offering general product information and basic technical assistance regarding specifications, product recommendations and functionality.
- Maintaining professional phone demeanor.
Processes and Coordinates Orders
- Entering and processing orders with online order management system for customers/distributors.
- Communicating with our warehouse regarding shipping issues.
- Communicating with our Japanese parent manufacturer regarding production, import/export and other related issues.
- Monitoring and informing interested parties about the progress of orders, including tracking updates and changes.
- Performing credit and exchange authorizations.
- Logging and investigating shipping charges
- Tracking and Maintaining forms for return items, sales orders, shipments and invoice copies.
Supports Sales Functions
- Communicating with distributors, including collecting information, monitoring progress and confirming orders.
- Assisting with customer pre-sales requests, including new accounts, catalog requests and problem solving.
- Generating price quotations and notifications for customers/distributors.
- Distributing catalogs, credit applications and sample orders.
- Relaying important and timely information.
- Assisting with account maintenance and troubleshooting.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Keeping up on our product information.
- Providing other support as requested and being flexible in work assignments.
- Contributes to Team Efforts
Experiences and Skills Needed:
- Must be a bilingual (English/Japanese)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures in English and Japanese.
- Previous experience of Order Processing/Customer Support/Inside Sales is preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and proportions, percentages, etc.
- Must be able to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word), Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university Or one to two years related experience and/or training.