The Process Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This candidate will be required to provide engineering support to the different areas (mixing, coating, laminating, metalizing and slitting) as well as R&D for the development of future products and processes. The Process Engineer will be a key contributor for optimizing all the steps in the thin film manufacturing process. This individual will prepare and gather all the related information for new product launches, including but not limited to: formulation, mixing, sputtering, coating and slitting settings.
Click here to apply online
- Work in a manufacturing clean room environment, having a clear understanding of the requirements for Class 10,000 and Class 1,000.
- Determine statistical process capabilities (Cpk>1.33) and implement changes designed to improve consistency, product yield, quality, and throughput rates.
- Perform process analysis (Lean or 6) in order to define cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage the financial aspects of the production process, reviewing cost variances and performing root cause analysis to identify the variance and prevent it from re-occurring.
- Manage and update BOM’s to reflect the correct material usage.
- Recommend or assists in the development of new process equipment or upgrades for current equipment.
- Set-up new processes, run production and pilot trials for new product developments together with R&D.
- Compiles technical data and other key process information to determine equipment/process specifications and establishes baselines.
- Identifies safety, cost and quality opportunities.
- Develops solutions for corrective/preventive actions.
- Participates/leads in multi-functional teams to resolve problems, improve processes or procedures where appropriate.
- Builds relations with internal customers, creating and reinforcing a team environment.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives contributing to the short, mid and long term efficiency and cost improvement.
- Responsible for training other Engineers, Operations and Quality personnel in all the new products or changes being introduced.