Underwriter Broker (Commercial P&C)
Commercial Lines Underwriter, Broker
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Sales
Commercial Lines Insurance - Wholesale-Broker - E&S - MGA
Reference ID: MGMTGC-17
About the Company:
MGMT Global Consulting is working with one of the nation's most rapidly growing and successful specialty wholesale insurance brokerages. This property and casualty/personal lines insurance wholesaler and managing general agency are based in Burbank, CA with branches MA & FL. They work with top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for their clients. They sell exclusively to retail agencies across the country with a focus on small to mid-market E&S commercial and specialty personal lines risks. Our employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity, and responsiveness.
A Qualified Professional Would Be:
Responsible for developing, managing, marketing, underwriting, and sustaining profitable business by providing high-level technical and sales expertise with commercial insurance coverages for the clients of independent and retail insurance agents and brokerages.
- Builds cooperative and dependable relationships with independent insurance agencies and brokerages to create business placement opportunities.
- Develops and maintains underwriting and cooperative service relationships with insurance carriers by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of commercial insurance and underwriting guidelines, both in excess and surplus lines and standard markets.
- Recognizes acceptable business opportunities through the underwriting pre-qualification process.
- Successfully negotiates market placements of new and renewal businesses.
- Meets and sustains targeted revenue goals.
- Coordinates resources to accomplish specific account objectives.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for the successful completion of all account tasks and details on the account portfolio.
- Motivates and educates co-workers, blending leadership and technical skills.
- Is knowledgeable of workplace laws and corporate policies and practices; maintains a fair office work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience and knowledge considered
- Substantial and relevant experience in a commercial insurance brokerage or underwriting environment including wholesale brokerage experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial insurance coverages and relevant forms for excess and surplus lines, understanding of both admitted and non-admitted markets.
- Trusted working relationships with carriers and markets.
- Highest level of customer relations, sales management, and negotiating skills to effect profitable results.
- Highest level of interpersonal skills to facilitate team building and resource management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel extensively. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Department: Sales & Service
Required Experience: 5-7 Years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or Relevant Experience (4-year degree)