The Director of Insurance Solutions leads our client’s Insurance group to contribute to the overall growth, productivity and success of the firm. We are looking for a highly competent leader with strong insurance knowledge to ensure our insurance capabilities complement our wealth management teams while upholding our fiduciary responsibility to clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operations & Administration
- Manage strategic partnerships with external insurance service providers to deliver solutions for clients.
- Manage Insurance risk committee to ensure fiduciary duty to clients and best-in-class selection of products/solutions for clients
- Develop processes and procedures for referral flow to insurance providers
- Responsible for overall profitability and growth of insurance group
- Develops/updates “playbook” of strategic and tactical actions to increase growth and understanding of the insurance value proposition
- Ensure collaboration with internal departments (e.g., marketing, compliance, operations, finance) for the successful design and delivery of the insurance business model
- Business development
- Ensure a cohesion exists between advisors and insurance service providers
- Develop and deliver both internal and external messaging around our insurance solutions
- Develop and provide educations programs for advisors on how to identify clients’ needs for insurance and make referrals to insurance service providers
- Facilitate consistent existing client engagement with insurance through strategic/tactical sales plans
- Talent Management
- Lead existing insurance operations and business development team members
- 15+ years of insurance industry experience preferred; high degree of knowledge of insurance solutions and products, including life, P&C, LTC, and annuities
- State Life, Accident & Health, P&C licenses required, ability to obtain non-resident licenses in all fifty states.
- Experience with running a high functioning insurance platform, ideally within the RIA industry, including developing the business plans and delivering consistent results
- Clean regulatory record required
- Strong desire to facilitate the growth of an evolving platform
- Attention to detail and quality of service in all aspects of relationship management
- Excellent client service skills. Ability to quickly identify and respond to internal and external client needs
- Professional verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to influence others
Professional office environment. Working inside, sitting, standing. No heavy lifting over 10 lbs. Travel assumed up to 10%.