Benefits Market Leader
Benefits Market Leader
Insurance - Retail Brokerage/Agency
Employee Benefits (Benefits)
Work at Home or Office (Remote/Hybrid)
Reference ID: MGMTGC-49
An insurance brokerage provides services and specialties like property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment, and wealth management products and services.
The Employee Benefits Benefit Market Leader works collaboratively with the Producers and Account Executives to manage the Benefits business. They provide technical support that requires a thorough understanding of employee benefits, the ability to think critically and provide strategic direction, the application of advanced math and Excel skills, and establishing and maintaining great collaborative relationships.
- Function as the subject matter expert in strategy meetings with Account Executives and Producers.
- Develops and communicates strategy for RFPs, results, and reports to carrier partners/vendors.
- Interprets client's needs and makes recommendations on the direction of RFP and contribution analysis.
- Understand and analyze the respective markets and products to find the best solutions to meet clients' needs.
- Examines benefits and claims data for inclusion in RFPs, organizes carrier & vendor bids received, and follows up on non-responses and late submissions.
- Negotiates, when necessary, with carriers throughout the RFP process.
- Addresses carrier questions during the RFP process and advises carriers on the client benefit strategy.
- Conduct claims analysis and contribution modeling.
- Interprets census data and evaluates it for accuracy.
- Communicates with Account Executives and Producers on the status of marketing activity.
- Reviews insurance bids to comply with specifications, identify critical differences in proposals, and maintain client databases within internal systems.
- Creates and updates templates used during the strategy and marketing process.
- Adds to and maintains client access to external online portals.
- Provides training as a subject matter expert to other Client Services team members on various topics.
- Manages and assists with client-related service issues
Factors for Success:
- 4+ years related benefits experience or equivalent combination of college work and work experience
- High School Diploma - Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Demonstrated computer proficiency to include intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel - Knowledge of Project Management software and Database software is a plus.
- Must hold a valid CA Life Agent license or will obtain within six months of hire
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrated math aptitude, including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
They offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical/dental coverage
- Retirement Plan with 50% company match (first 6% of contribution)
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
Click here to view job online
Department Account Management & Service
Required Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Diploma
Los Angeles CA