Base salary, plus bonus potential
Provide analysis, development, testing and support of applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes the analysis and rewriting of existing systems and data warehouse development. The Programmer/Analyst will also be responsible for researching, designing, documenting and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Collaborate with developers, staff, and third-party resources in conceptualizing and development of software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with Information Technology staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run, and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to analyze legacy code and recreate functionality using Microsoft technologies
- Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- .NET exposure
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) (preferred)
- FoxPro (Preferred)
- PowerBI (nice to have)
- Azure exposure (nice to have)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor s degree is required, preferably in computer science, information systems, or software engineering.
- At least four years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new and old technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.