Director of Insurance Operations
Our client is a leading insurance firm in the WDC Metro area and is seeking a Director of Operations to manage organizational change and execute on the firm’s operational directives. The successful candidate is a very effective communicator comfortable with implementing and managing staff development and training objectives in a firm currently experiencing significant growth. Responsibilities include:
- Drive and manage organizational change through a decentralized organization.
- Manage high-growth in a rapidly expanding organization in disparate product and functional areas including commercial lines, life insurance, and high net worth personal lines departments.
- Implement long term tactics and strategies at the direction of the C-level suite.
- Make C-suite executives aware of important financial deadlines and targets of the Company and that they are met and exceeded.
- Oversee and lead an overall upgrade, expansion, and implementation of the Company’s operational infrastructure.
- Develop and implement an organizational infrastructure to significantly increase operating capacity and execution.
- Manage and lead important carrier relationships.
- Manage and lead the Systems/IT (EPIC) department.
- Develop, maintain, and measure operational performance against performance goals.
- Train and Develop a well-rounded, capable team of managers and line personnel across all product and functional areas.
- Set performance goals and metrics and develop operational goals for expansion.
- Provide leadership in the new product development area.
- Provide strong leadership and demonstrated experience as an executioner of company policies and organizational change.
This individual must have experience in the following areas:
- Traditional senior operational leadership and management experience.
- Five + years of experience working in an insurance agency/broker.
- Success in motivating and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated success as an Organizational Change Agent.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, training and developing staff.
- Managing small teams in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Success in developing, reporting, and establishing performance benchmarks to measure organizational and staff performance.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Experience with EPIC is a plus.
- Experience with carrier agreements and negotiating with their reps.
- Success in executing the operational plan from above.
- A high-energy “can-do” assertive personality necessary to drive and implement change
- Extensive operational management experience
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.