Our client is a premier brand in medical diagnostics and a global leader in the development of best-in-class technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges to improve our world. They have engaged ROSS to help them recruit a Hands on Technical Lead. They're located in Vaughan.
You will be a technical lead of small-medium software team. You'll be accountable for the end-to-end technology solutions for our customer's client-server desktop applications. Design and develop software to meet customer and business needs. Ensure optimal technical execution of software development activities and adherence to Agile software development process. Assess problems to deliver creative and effective solutions using good design principles that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements. Mentor less senior team members and peer reviews product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications and code. Work collaboratively and proactively to maximize the success of the research and development teams. Evaluate and recommend adoption of new software development technologies, tools and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in designing and developing applications using OOP/OOD with at least 5 years of experience in C#/.NET. Experience with C++ or other OO languages an asset.
- Proven experience of leading small-medium development teams
- Excellent leadership, communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proven technical leadership skills and a team player, with strong collaboration skills.
- Deep understanding of agile software development principles and best practices
- Experience with design and implementation of n-tier systems, reusable libraries and development frameworks for complex applications
- Proven experience working in a cross-functional team of technical and non-technical personnel
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with agile methodologies, test driven development, Domain specific languages, distributed data management.
If you're not interested, but know someone who is, please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them. In addition, we're happy to give you a $1,000 referral fee.
Click here to Apply Online