Commercial Lines Account Manager
Virginia - Remote
Commercial Lines Account Manager
Our client is a privately held insurance agency headquartered in the heart of Fairfax County. As an all-lines insurance broker, our client has been serving domestic and international communities with success since 1970. They offer a wide range of insurance products and risk management services, including: Embassies & Diplomatic Missions, Commercial, Life and Disability, Employee Benefits and Private Clients. Given that the agency is client-focused, customer experience is at the top of its priorities.
Our client's most valued asset is its people. Finding the right people is vital to providing a great customer service experience. Our human capital is our competitive advantage; it is what truly separates us from what the competition views as the industry standard for customer service.
As recipients of the GOLD Stevie Award for Best in Customer Service, our standards for providing the best customer experience are extremely high. We work hard and we have a great time doing it.
Purpose of the role:
Account Managers are responsible for managing small to mid-size accounts while handling and overseeing the daily client service requests and relations. This candidate, with the assistance of a CSR, will also be responsible for reporting and processing claims, in addition to coordinating with various carrier adjusters and agency personnel. A successful candidate must be able to manage and renew a variety of commercial lines industries, policy sizes and types.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice and consultation to associates and clients on risk management.
- Use specific industry training and knowledge to determine the needs of the client and identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities.
- Independently manage renewals and remarketing efforts (stewardship and proposals).
- Work with the Client Services Representatives and Assistant Account Managers to ensure assigned client service tasks have been completed.
- Proactively maintain ongoing relationships with clients and carriers in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high retention rate of existing clients; learn and recognize triggers based on customer behavior and engage with customers who request to terminate or downgrade coverage.
- Average Book of Business Premium Total: $1MM - $3MM
- Average Premium Account Size: >$75K
- Average # of accounts: 45 – 65 (split with another AM)
- Independently manage accounts on a day-to-day basis which includes policy maintenance of billing, endorsements, audits, cancellations, and claims.
- Negotiate and secure the most appropriate carrier coverage based on client needs.
- Act as liaison between COI Outsourcing Team and Clients.
- Provide guidance to less experienced Assistant Account Managers.
- Assist with various projects as needed to support the team and agency.
- Update and utilize agency management system with current policy exposure data/premium information; maintain accuracy and integrity of data inside agency management system.
- Manage new business and renewal business opportunities (RFP – Request for Proposals, Stewardship Process and Post Renewal Management workflows)
- Minimum 5 to 7+ years’ experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance.
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance coverages (primary and ancillary lines of business) underwriting, and rating concepts.
- Knowledge of market appetite and placement.
- Proficient in quoting new business with carrier partnership for small business.
- Expert in Renewal Life Cycle process.
- Team player with strong work ethic; high level of maturity and stability with an “optimistic” approach.
- Professional verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Solution driven problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where time-management and prioritization skills are essential.
Education / Technical
- Education Level: Associates or Bachelors, significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Property & Casualty License: Required.
- Professional Designation: Preferred.
- Technical: Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Applied (Epic) software proficiency preferred, but not required.