Our Miami Retirement Consulting client is seeking a Actuarial Analyst to join its team. In this role, you will support the consultants on the team on the team while being developed into a consultant. You will get to work side-by-side with the senior consultants on performing pension valuations on public plans and Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB).
The client is a smaller firm which will afford you a lot of variety and visibility with the senior staff. The firm is employee-owned, and the benefits include profit sharing, two retirement plans (401k and pension), and exam support with sizable exam bonuses.
- You will prepare actuarial valuations for Pension Plans and Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) plans
- You will calculate benefits for retiring and terminating members as well as calculate the present value of benefits and options
- You will prepare information and data for analysis and proposal valuations or studies
- You will have the opportunity to direct the work of more junior analysts and interns
Galecki Search Associates is a boutique search firm offering a customer-centric, bespoke recruitment experience to actuaries, data scientists, analytics professionals, and to those that hire them. Contact us at email@example.com or 844.425.3254 844.GALECKI.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Successful completion of two Society of Actuaries (SOA) exams
- Two or more years of hands-on actuarial experience with public or private employer benefit plans
- Proven Pension and OPEB experience with the ability to set up and run Pension and OPEB valuations
- Proficiency in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and ProVal