Work that rewards you.
The Alaska Commercial Company (ACC) currently has exciting opportunities for full-time, permanent employment in retail stores across Alaska. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team where your experience and work ethic are appreciated and rewarded. With the Alaska Commercial Company, you’re encouraged to learn and grow on the job and to explore the beauty and the culture of the communities in which we live and work.
Are you a couple? Friends, siblings or just two colleagues that get along really well? We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated retail professionals who welcome the opportunities for career advancement that we have to offer. If you are customer service leaders with a passion for being part of a hardworking retail team.
The Alaska Commercial Company offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Allowances for both food and accommodation
- Paid training
Each member of our retail team plays an important role in our stores and in the communities they serve. You will be asked to take care of a variety of tasks throughout the store.
- Share your knowledge, experience, and best practices;
- Create team spirit across departments;
- Achieve sales goals by planning, adapting and reacting to changes in the community;
- Ordering of various retail products as needed;
- Managing store personnel;
- Operating cash lanes;
- Organizing and creating eye-catching displays;
- Executing planograms; and
- Serving customers and community residents.
Skills and Qualifications
We’re looking for professional, organized workers who have a healthy sense of adventure and a strong knowledge and experience base.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a high-volume grocery/retail environment;
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail;
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and superior customer service skills;
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of NWC's customers;
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC's vision, mission, values and strategies; and
- Highly motivated and adventurous with an appreciation for small town life in a culturally diverse setting considered an asset.
We’d love to hear from all workers who are motivated to thrive professionally and personally while making a difference in multiple communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MULTIPLE MARKETS IN RURAL REGIONS OF ALASKA. RELOCATION ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE AND PAID FOR BY THE NORTH WEST COMPANY.
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR ALASKA COMMUNITIES, RELOCATED EMPLOYEES WILL BE SUBJECT TO MANDATORY 14 DAY ISOLATION PERIOD.
ACC is a growing company with a long history of serving rural Alaskans. For more than 150 years, we have been providing groceries and general merchandise to the people of Alaska. As was truly more than 150 years ago, our stores continue to be a vital center of local community life. In 1992, the company was purchased by The North West Company (NWC) from then-owner The Commercial Enterprise Development Corporation of Alaska. This acquisition by NWC made the combined companies the largest North American rural retailers and one of the largest employers in the State of Alaska. Learn more about ACC: alaskacommercial.com.