endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Endevis is working with a global manufacturing leader to find a General Manager. The General Manger is responsible for overall site operations and profitability. Drives facility (s) profitability, performance and processes including manufacturing, launch, quality, engineering, and materials. Effectively develops teams that are able to achieve both individual site and corporate improvement objectives. This individual creates a work environment that promotes safety and quality while adhering to all regulatory environmental guidelines. The GM is accountable for all aspects of plant performance ensuring that objectives are attained in a profitable and cost-effective manner that is consistent with all company standards and in accordance with the Code of Conduct. Drives best practices through the organization and leads the implementation of improvement in operations, safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes and/or approves major operating, business, engineering and operational decisions, as required, to ensure that plant is operating profitably and optimally
- Responsible for leading the business/location to meet company profitability requirements
- Leads and drives the business to meet financial requirements and results
- Provides the leadership for the business to exceed all management and human resource metrics
- Ensures that strategic operational business plans are developed and implemented within the plant, and analyzes and reports on the achievements and/or gaps in that plan
- Holds direct responsibility for managing cost by effective approval expenditures, overtime, and by using other effective budget monitoring and monthly variance reporting
- Manages change by anticipating or responding to developments within the plant. The General Manager will also be responsible in directing the Assistant General Manager in the overall company operational capacity.
- Manages customer relationships in a positive and professional manner
- Directly, and through delegation, coordinates activities required to assure optimum safety compliance, business efficiency, reliability, and quality in accordance with established contracts, agreements, policies and applicable regulatory laws and procedures
- Communicates, monitors and controls plant expenditures on labor, materials, and miscellaneous expenses against issued budgets, ensuring accurate performance and reporting via standard reports to corporate
- Ensures the effective implementation of all related projects; maintaining visibility of project progress against the agreed schedule.
- Ensures that project quality and safety requirements are applied in accordance with Company and statutory requirements
- Reports on all matters of concern relating to programs, viability, safety, environmental, work quality and related performance
- Actively engages in coaching and mentoring team members by aligning individual goals and objectives with business needs
- Authorizes and reviews progress reports, cost reports, sales reporting, job reporting, business structure, business opportunity and ensures the preparation (by others) of other associated documents ,in accordance with company procedures.
- Develops and implements cost saving initiatives to improve operational performance within the plant.
- Possesses the ability to analyze and interpret financial and other business data to make sound, cost effective judgments
- Holds direct responsibility for operational business unit performance regarding OI and EBITDA.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Business or equivalent (10 years manufacturing leadership experience)
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Operations/Lean Management in an automotive supply setting and with P&L responsibility at the plant level is necessary.
- Experience in being the lead change agent in complex transformational activities.
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to manufacturing operations.
- Formal Lean training either through direct experience or via previous management responsibility in an organization with deep, well-established lean operating systems.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide innovative solutions through cross functional team problem solving
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting KPI goals, including reducing supply chain costs, improving through-put, shortening cycle time, and improving inventory turns.
- Expert business knowledge
- Excellent proven communication skills
Bachelor's Degree Required
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.