Our client is part of a global organization with over a century of seed industry experience. Within Canada, they have multiple, well recognized seed sector brand names and require a Senior Business Development Manager to assist the VP in expanding their eastern Canada marketshare. With a focus on high quality seed for the Canadian climate and soil conditions, their R&D efforts are proven, and their products perform. Your key responsibilities would include:
In addition, you will assume responsibilities that include leadership, business planning and execution, sales, marketing, human resources, and health & safety functions. In this new role, you'll take ownership of business unit strategy development and drive the expected outcomes. To be considered for this strategic Business Development Manager position, your resume displays:
- Develop strategies to grow the business and oversee execution of strategies and tactical plans.
- Identify new market opportunities and develop strategies for initial entry and market penetration
- Assess market opportunities for new portfolio additions that will meet the needs of an evolving customer base.
- Assess sales territory coverage and make recommendations to optimize sales resource allocation i.e. potential cross-function with other divisions
- Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts across Eastern Canada.
- Drive growth in Eastern Canada in the context of sales volumes, sales revenue and contribution margin.
- Achieve annual operating budget targets while ensuring targets are steppingstones to longer term growth objectives
- Post-secondary education in Agriculture and/or Agriculture Economics
- A successful 10 year track record of agribusiness sales, business development, business management and supervision
- Knowledge of the forage and turf seed industries is preferred
- Six Sigma training (preferred but not a firm requirement)
- Experience in developing business and customer segments
- Sales management experience supported by strong people leadership and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to assess markets
- Key account management and proven sales skills
- Strategic mindset
- Marketing skills
This is a home office-based position, with the requirement to attend the company office on a regular basis. Travel is required through Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes, with an overall travel expectation of 25-35% annually. This position would start during their new fiscal year (July 2020).
Our client offers an attractive compensation package including an attractive base salary, incentive opportunity, supplied company vehicle, benefits, RSP matching, and supplied tools of the trade.
If you are looking for an opportunity to have strategic input into how a company approaches the marketplace and to make a significant impact on a company’s success, then this position is for you!
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, please contact Mike Bachner at 1-866-519-2793. All correspondence is confidential. Applicants must be fully entitled to work in Canada to be considered.
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
While we appreciate all those applying, due to the number of applications, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted for further discussion.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online