Digital Media Account Manager
LOCATION: Anywhere in the US (Remote)
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Remote
The Solutions Sales Professional will serve as a Subject Matter Expert that supports company’s efforts in the Digital Media Supply Chain space internally and client-facing. In addition to supporting clients on the initial opportunity discovery, this role serves as the internal liaison for Account Executives outside of the Digital Media Supply Chain group. The Solutions Sales Professional will have a consultative approach to opportunities, and understand how to investigate business KPI’s at large, and relate that to technology offerings in the industry to build a value-added solution. The Solutions Sales Professional has a knack for asking broader questions and discerning long-term needs and solutions outside of the traditional “product” sale. This style of opportunity and selling is inherent to Digital Media Supply Chain and is a requirement to be effective. The Solutions Sales Professional would have a grasp of technology as it relates to the industry’s current and future states, plus continuous improvement of their vendor/partner knowledge and expertise.
- Engage and communicate with customers, internal personnel on Digital Media Supply Chain’s strategies related to the following technologies:
- acquisition, transcoding, storage, fulfillment, and distribution
- content ingest, quality control, content storage, media, image, and metadata management
- software development, cloud integration, automation, long-term archival & preservation, and emerging technologies such as Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Work in conjunction with internal business units within Diversified and maintain relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Work in conjunction with core vendor partners and maintain strategic alliances
- Pursue and develop Digital Media Supply Chain business opportunities within the entirety of the company's customer base, as well as other potential growth markets with Account Executives
- Spearhead proposal-creation projects and RFP opportunities
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in the Digital Media Supply Chain space to both external clients as well as other company Sales Professionals
- Continue education in the Digital Media Supply Chain space, and keep abreast on the evolving technology landscape
- Educate clients on emerging technologies in the Digital Media Supply Chain space
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical acumen, with the ability to drive change and function in a complex fast paced technical environment.
- Experience with developing and optimizing workflows related to content acquisition, creation, editorial, transcoding, asset management, portal packaging/delivery and quality control.
- Deep understanding of the technology and business of distributing content across direct to consumer and traditional media platforms, both in and outside the US.
- Ability to work autonomously with workflow, networking, storage and encoding teams to develop systems which satisfy workflow requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud architectures (e.g., AWS), virtual environments and cloud security practices.
- Knowledge of AWS and general cloud service technology.
- Candidates should possess a good understanding of Digital Media Supply Chain technologies, including Non-Linear, Editorial, Storage infrastructure of unstructured data/video (Tier 1, Nearline, Object, & Archival in various forms), Media Asset Management, Video Delivery Systems, Ingest/Distribution Technology, Cloud Integration, AI/Machine Learning
- Understanding of IT and networking technologies a plus
- Strong ability to influence and collaborate effectively with peers, partners, and stakeholder.
- Excellent stress and crisis management skills, making smart and informed decisions under pressure.
- Candidate should possess good business negotiation skills
- Bachelors, Associates, or technical degree, or equivalent work experience accepted
- 5-7 years of outside sales engineering experience
- Experience assisting sales in Digital Media Supply Chain integration, or related IT, networking or technology-based product or solution required
- Self-motivation to maintain a high activity level and source new business opportunity
- Experienced user of software CRM tools (Sales Logix knowledge is a plus)
- Elevated level of professionalism (excellent oral & written communication skills, as well as excellent in-person presentation skills)
- MS Office skills
- Desire to work in a thriving, high energy, ever-changing workplace
- Proven ability to identify and develop new sales opportunities
- Strong teaming skills