This position offers a 2K sign on bonus
As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for 60 years. With over 25 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Crisis Screener Therapist (On-Call) to join our team of talented professionals.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- A Master’s Degree in the human service field, i.e., social work, psychology, professional counseling
- Possess the appropriate license in the State of Michigan (LLMSW, LMSW, TLLP, LLP, LPC, and / or LLPC).
- A minimum of one year post-degree experience in assessing and providing treatment to children and adolescents is required.
- Must demonstrate completion of course work, filed work, or job experience in providing assessment, diagnosis, and individual, group or family treatment to children and/or adolescents, ages 0-17.
- Must have the ability to engage in therapeutic relationships with children and families in a crisis situation and demonstrate proven assessment skills and have experience in working with children and adolescents and be versed in crisis intervention.
- Must have ability to appropriately handle crisis situations and able to work independently.
- Must meet requirements for Child Mental Health Professional (CMHP) credential within 120 days of hire.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- A valid driver’s license along with a favorable driving record is required.
The Crisis Screening Therapist (On call) shall be responsible for providing clinical assessments of children and adolescents to assist in determining the most appropriate level of care and services, and the least restrictive setting. The on-call crisis screener is to be available via telephone for calls that are referred for screening or intervention by the county-wide emergency telephone service (ETS). Upon receiving notification, on-call crisis screener must be willing to drive to referring hospital in Wayne County to complete crisis assessment.
In order to provide crisis screening services, working hours shall include to all hours (5 pm- 8:30 am), including holidays and weekends. A typical contractual part time staff member will be available by phone and/or screening deployment through a weekly rotation.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by clicking the “apply” button on the bottom of the screen. The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply online