The Executive Technology Strategist “ETS” provides thought leadership in IT transformation while aligning IT strategies with core business initiatives and processes to better leverage resources and infrastructure in achieving quantifiably tangible results.
The Executive Technology Strategist provides consultative leadership across the full range of technical aptitudes. The ETS candidate must demonstrate the ability to assess a client’s business drivers for a given initiative and translate them into qualifiable, quantifiable and tactical solutions. This person is able to identify and qualify business development across the organization while evangelizing sales and building a pipeline of both short-term and longer-term opportunities.
The Executive Technology Strategist provides recommendations pertaining to key objectives in which cutting edge technical solutions solve a given challenge. This person illustrates the alignment (or misalignment) between strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organizational requirements and capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The ETS works to develop an integrated view of the business by making technical recommendations pertaining to information gleaned from client engagements as well as solve problems by analyzing requirements and evaluating alternatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- In a Pre-Sales capacity, act as a consultative strategist to the CIO, CTO, VP of Infrastructure and other key leadership.
- Provide consultative support of related opportunities across all geographies.
- Be a key technical advisor consulting on leading edge technologies.
- Deliver presentations to clients, potential clients, colleagues, and management.
- Reports on the client needs, problems, interests, current market states, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Provides knowledgeable insight on competitive offerings, products, applications, services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
- Provide a high degree of collaboration with sales personnel. Involve appropriate resources to ensure the successful outcome of engagements and subsequent projects.
- Develop intellectual property (e.g., whitepapers, deliverable templates, solutions, case studies, etc.).
- Provide feedback to management groups regarding trends and opportunities.
- Participate in project definition, scope, objectives, risks and approach.
- Work closely with engineers to formalize solutions that were discovered in ETS lead workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer/technical related field or equivalent experience.
- Deep technical knowledge in the following pillars of technology:
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- M&A technical competency
- DR/HA/Run book/BIA/BCP technologies
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, operating systems, high availability and IT communications.
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with C-level, Business and Technology Executives and Architects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, work independently, and recommend business strategies.
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communications skills.
- Excellent creative writing, technical writing, and documentation skills.
- Strong business skills.
- Exceptional meeting facilitation skills.
- 10 or more years’ experience in assessing business drivers and translating them into qualifiable, quantifiable and tactical solutions.
- Five or more years’ experience establishing strategic direction.
- This position may require the ability to travel 25-50%.
Other Required Qualifications
- High degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet job requirements.
- Exceptional leadership and team skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrates skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and is able to solve complex problems.
- Experience providing project oversight, management, technical leadership or engineer mentoring.