In your role as the Administrative Coordinator at The North West Company (NWC), you coordinate the office management of the Canadian Retail Sales and Operations VPs, including first-line communications, scheduling, task follow-ups, end to end meeting management and meeting organization.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Manage the VPs calendar schedule to accommodate regular scheduled meeting requirements;
- Ensure conflicts are dealt with effectively and efficiently;
- Act as a liaison between internal and external contacts for the VPs;
- Coordinate national and International travel for Canadian Retail Sales and Operations VPs, including accommodations and ground transportation;
- Coordinate daily, monthly and quarterly Divisional meeting schedules as defined by VPs;
- Coordinate the agenda of update meetings between VPs and direct reports, and other regularly scheduled or formal meetings, completing meeting minutes as required;
- Track and follows-up on task assignments from the VPs to their direct reports;
- Reconcile expense reports for all meeting expenditure for budget tracking purposes;
- Create and distribute a variety of documents including agendas, correspondence, emails and meeting minutes;
- Manage all written, telephone, email and voice communication for VPs;
- Execute and tracks Divisional personal expenses; and
- Approve expense reports in line with policy and submits for payment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite;
- Excellent time management, multitasking and organizational capabilities
- Self-motivated and results oriented;
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Demonstrates a positive attitude;
- Must have strong verbal & nonverbal and written communication skills;
- Ability and experience in handling sensitive and confidential information effectively and professionally;
- Excellent organization skills with attention to details and ability to adhere to strict timelines; and
- Solid communication skills (both verbal and written) and also possess the ability to pass along knowledge.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Vice President, Sales & Operations, Northern Canada Retail - National
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.