Hospice RN Case Manager opening in the Harrisburg / Carlisle, PA area.
Responsible to the Director of Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator to provide nursing care and case management to Patients and families. Implements nursing interventions and coordinates the Patient/family interdisciplinary plan of care. Supervises personnel to deliver care and coordinates care delivery.
Call is required
- Registered Nurse - Associate Degree
- PA RN license
- 2+years RN experience
- Willing to travel daily
- Previous hospice experience is required
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you.
- Attends deaths of Patients to assist and support the family.
- Initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the Patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living including risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Implements the individualized plan of care and recommends revisions to the plan as necessary including managing discomfort and providing symptom relief and specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-of-life care.
- Consults with and educates the Patient/family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care and the processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
- Coordinates all Patient/family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Uses case management approach and refers to other services as needed.