Marine (Boat) Tooling Department Lead (South Carolina)+$70,000+Benefits
Marine Industry Recruiter: Tom Cassidy, 715-340-6862 Confidentially Call or Text
Our recreational fiberglass Marine manufacturing client in the Carolinas is seeking an experienced Tooling Department Lead. This position requires a hands-on approach of leading a team and projects. Tooling Lead must be capable of performing complex mold repair, mold maintenance, and mold modification based on engineering specification.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completes tooling plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results; identifying and addressing safety concerns
- Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Efficiently identify mold and part defects. Perform mold maintenance and handle preventative maintenance
- Efficiently prepare a variety of parts and materials for fiberglass mold and part repair or modification. Materials may include, but are not limited to gels, fiberglass, resin, plywood, coring, and catalyst.
- Effectively make necessary repairs to fiberglass parts, Patch & Detail, and/or molds (mold maintenance)
- Prioritize projects in conjunction with supervisor and schedule
- Clean and maintain work area, tools and materials
- Use supplies and resources efficiently with limited waste
- Maintain safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years of hand-on experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. (Marine Fiberglass Preferred)
- Must have keen attention to detail
- Can manage interpersonal relationships
- Ability to follow a work schedule and work order
- Understand the function of different chemicals and composite materials
- Must be dependable, and have reliable transportation
- Must be able to physically handle the requirements of the job, including but not limited to: lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, twisting, turning, climbing stairs, reaching, grasping, gripping, pushing, pulling, and spending entire working hours on your feet, etc.
$70k+ for the five-star high-performer. Health benefits, vacation, paid company holidays, training. Relocation is available for the right candidate.
Please send me your resume. Your resume should show a solid work history and offer THREE excellent professional references.
Whenever you refer someone to us that we place, we will send you a check up to $1,000 as a Referral Bonus.
Tom Cassidy, Jr.
Lonski and Associates LLC
[O] 262 397 8980
[C] 715 340 6862