OPERATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALIST – INSURANCE SOLUTIONS
The Operations Specialist provides the daily, ongoing operational support and administration for the Insurance Solutions group with our client. This includes case management, tracking, reporting, and development of business processes and work flow systems. This Specialist role will be a key member of Insurance Solutions team and will ensure smooth implementation of existing and new procedures and processes for Insurance Solutions. The person in this role will be a liaison between various business units and our wealth advisory teams.
The ideal candidate will be organized, have outstanding attention to detail, have excellent computer proficiency and will have high-level interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of the insurance industry.
Our Insurance Solutions group provides support with our full suite of solutions to our wealth advisors and clients, including life, long-term care, property and casualty, and annuities.
Essential Job Functions for the Operations Specialist – Insurance Solutions will include:
- Actively involved in the overall day-to-day operational responsibilities of tracking, reporting, updating and case management systems;
- Liaison with other groups and our wealth advisory teams to ensure an exceptional client-advisor experience.
- Coordinate communications and work flows with external insurance service providers to deliver solutions for clients.
- Support the ongoing operational initiatives of the Insurance Solutions team, collaborating, deconflicting and coordinating with other departments as necessary.
- Manage insurance related processes, output and deliverables that drive an exceptional client-advisor experience
- Develop and maintain operational procedures that are scalable and assure department’s performance standards
- Updating procedures, assuring accuracy, and conveying procedural changes to team members
- Building and fostering effective working relationships with internal and external business partners
- Working independently and with a team, prioritizing and managing several projects, and succeeding in a fast-paced environment
- Other duties as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Personal insurance industry experience strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge and utilization of Salesforce and insurance case management processes
- 5 years+ of back office and insurance operations related experience preferred
- Superior organization skill - highly detailed-oriented, strong multi-tasker, excellent follow through, meticulous, and a process driven “thinker”
- Strong understanding of operations, insurance new business processes, and workflows
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- An unwavering commitment to support financial planners and the sales process
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Versed in managing internal and external information flows and storage
- Client first attitude including a passion for providing an excellent client experience
- Team player, collaborative and able to work in concert with others
Professional office environment, daytime and evening hours, working inside, standing, and sitting, will be assigned to a workstation, no heavy lifting over 10 lbs.