In your role as Regional Support Manager, you will lead and execute the GT Retail System in accordance with the Master Franchise agreement and achieve Giant Tiger business standards for 14 store locations in Saskatchewan. You will work directly and closely with Store Managers and other support personnel in the driving sales, profit and building succession and tenure within your respective stores.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Work with stores to maximize performance through effective planning and analysis of sales, margins, buying, inventory management and expense lines;
- Assist stores in developing and implementing strategies to improve market share, efficiency and profit;
- Ensure stores effectively execute Giant Tiger merchandising and visual presentation strategies;
- Conduct Best Practices Reviews to measure execution of Giant Tiger systems relating to merchandising and operations;
- Work proactively with Head Office and provide feedback on plans, strategies and opportunities to improve on brand standards;
- Assist in Manager-in-Training development and provide training for store associates as part of new store openings;
- Participate in succession planning and performance evaluations, and;
- Have a full understanding of the competitive landscape to achieve outstanding customer service.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in retail store management, with a minimum of 3 years multi-unit experience;
- Must have post-secondary education in Business or Management;
- An exceptional leader of people with a proven track record in building teams and careers
- A real desire to learn with the capacity for detailed analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple projects within strict deadlines;
- Well developed understanding of retail sales metric, retail processes and product merchandising;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and;
- Able to accommodate a schedule with extensive travel of approximately 125 days per year predominantly in Saskatchewan.
Location: This position is based in Regina or Saskatoon, SK
Reports to: Vice President – Sales and Operations, Giant Tiger West
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.